Long time no post! It’s been over a month since I have posted last, and I can’t promise any more regularity. I don’t cook very often, as we live with Brandon’s family at the moment. I had started the blog as a catch all for recipes, (wedding) craft stuff, fashion, etc. However, I don’t do… any of that stuff anymore. I had to leave my job during the move, and despite my hardest efforts, I haven’t been able to get hired anywhere yet. So I don’t even get out of my PJs most days.
But! I did get a craving for my mom’s stuffed mushrooms this weekend. I hate crab and when I think about portabella mushrooms for too long I get sick (even though I love mushrooms), so I obviously have to be in a specific mood for these mushrooms. I spent way too much on the ingredients because I must live in a food desert now, and I ended up throwing most of them away because one woman can only eat so many stuffed mushrooms! But this is a treasured recipe, so I have to share it!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1-2 packages of portabella mushrooms ( I use the baby bella size)
- 1 package of imitation diced crab
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons dill weed
- Set the oven to 350 degrees
- Put softened cream cheese in a bowl and mix it up
- De-stem and use a damp paper towel to wipe off the mushrooms. Don’t rinse them under water!
- Get a cookie sheet or a cake pan handy. I always put my destemed and cleaned mushrooms on the cookie sheet while I prep!
- Keep a few stems and dice them finely, adding them to the cream cheese in the bowl
- Add the mozzarella cheese, onion and dill into the bowl
- Dice the crab as small as you can/want and then add it to the bowl
- Mix everything together
- Fill the mushrooms with heaping spoonfuls of the mixture
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over top of the mushrooms
- Once all the mushrooms are on the cookie sheet and filled, pour a tiny bit of water along the bottom of the pan
- Cook for 15-20 minutes