What isn’t there to love about s’mores? Oh, yeah. The mess they make! I know the messiness factor is part of the experience of s’mores, but for some folk (like me) it can be too much. Alas! A recipe has been crafted to fit all the neat freaks needs for the ooey gooey match of marshmallow, chocolate, and graham crackers.
Mini S’mores Cups
- 1 box brownie mix of your choice (plus ingredients as directed on the box)
- Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts (I used 3 packages of 6)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Fill the cups with about two spoonfuls of mix. You don’t want them too full or they’ll spill over when they cook.
- Top with a handful of marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crumbled up graham crackers
- Bake for about 25 minutes, remove, and add a few more marshmallows
- Cook a few more minutes until the new marshmallows are toasted.
- Serve warm!
My only problem with this recipe is that I bought an entire box of graham crackers and only used two pieces of the crackers. The same for the chocolate chips; I didn’t use very many. But having leftover marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers is defiantly not a bad thing. I’m sure they’ll be gone by Sunday night! I can’t stop myself from snacking on all of those things. So yummy! The goods far outweigh my irritation with my leftover ingredients. They’re quick, easy, and basically mess free. If you have kids, I’m sure this would be a great recipe to try for a good dessert or treat! And due to the mess-free nature of the process, I’m sure they could help prepare!
I had one heck of a craving for chocolate (which never happens, oddly enough), so I had to act fast. I took to pintrest, obviously, to search through my sweet tooth board to find something that looked quick and easy. I came across a brownie recipe that featured caramel and pretzels. I was game.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & grease pan with cooking spray
- Prepare brownies according to box instructions
- Pour about 1/3 of the brownie batter into the pan and spread it until the bottom is evenly coated
- Add two layers of pretzels so the entire surface is covered
- Spoon the remaining brownie batter to top the pretzels (be careful with this step!)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let the brownies cool, then spoon the caramel sauce on top in an even layer
- Sprinkle the caramel with sea salt & serve
I have some beef with this recipe. Well, first I will talk about the good stuff. My OCD loved laying nice even layers of pretzel in the brownie. I could have done that all day. Second, they were pretty good. Unfortunately, the bad outweighs the good in this situation. They were impossible to cut because of the caramel, even after I let it set in the freezer for 10 minutes. Eating them was a disaster. And you basically have to eat all the brownies at once because good luck eating them the next day after the caramel has had all night to set. The ones I took to my mom’s house, as well as mine, are rock hard. You can literally knock on them.
Though I didn’t have the best of luck with this pinterest recipe (does anyone have luck with any recipes they find on that website, actually?!!), I am still on a quest to make a quick and delicious dessert. So be on the lookout for more sweet tooth recipes!