I finally took the plunge and made a one pot pasta dish! Ever since I started searching the internet and finding new cooking blogs, I have seen all types of one pot dishes, but I’ve never tried one. Until tonight. And with some risky (at least for us) ingredients!
One Pot Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
– a carton of sliced mushrooms
– a medium/large bushel of spinach
– ½ onion, sliced
– fettichine noodles (or whatever your favorite pasta is)
– ¼ block of cream cheese (you can sub olive oil or use a little of both!)
– combine the mushrooms, spinach, onion, and noodles in one pot with water
– cook and strain, then return pasta to pot
– add the cream cheese or oil and mix – enjoy!
That’s it! That is all you’ve got to do. The result is a yummy and nutritious meal. Brandon despises mushrooms and I’m still weary of spinach, so it was a risk for us. However, we both enjoyed it. It’s defiantly a filling and healthy pasta dish that everyone will love, and hopefully will get you and your family eating some more greens!