I haven’t been experimenting with new recipes lately because money is tight in our house. Lots of spaghetti has been made the past few weeks! I couldn’t pass up this quick calzone recipe because it was cheap and looked a lot better than frozen pizza (which is also a frequent flyer). Turns out it was just quick and delicious, just like the recipe promised. I know my picture is super lack luster. I didn’t plan on posting this recipe, but last minute I decided it’s a great recipe for those with little kids or who just have a few minutes for lunch or dinner! Enjoy!
15 Minute Calzones
Adapted from Wine and Glue
• Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
• pizza sauce
• pizza toppings of your choosing
• Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
• Pop open your biscuits, spread out the biscuits so they are thinner.
• Add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
• Fold over, and pinch closed and bake on a greased baking sheet for 12 minutes or until golden
This is about to be the easiest lunch (or dinner!) recipe you’ve seen since grilled cheese. I’m not kidding- it’s so easy it’s a shame we didn’t think of it sooner. Okay, I didn’t think of it. I got it from the mind of one of my favorite blogger, Sarah, over at Snixy Kitchen.
Brandon thinks this tastes like a mini calzone. I just think it tastes delicious. So check out the recipe and give it a go! (my picture doesn’t do it justice- as is the case with most of my pictures… i’m in desperate need of a nice professional camera!)
- Tortillas (the number depends on how many you’re making. I made two total, using 4 tortillas)
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag pepperoni
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- OPTIONAL: toppings, like olives or mushrooms
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a little oil- put in your pepperonis and get them nice and crispy! Transfer them to a paper towel.
- Lightly brush a thin layer of pizza sauce on the tortillas
- Sprinkle cheese on the bottom tortilla on the sauce- top with pepperoni and any other toppings, and then add another thin layer of cheese. Place the other tortilla sauce side down.
- Transfer the quesadilla over to the skillet and cook 2 or 3 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Make sure there is a little oil in the pan before putting the tortillas in to ensure they’re nice and crispy.
I served ours with some mozzarella sticks to complete the yummy plate. Enjoy!